Stephanie F. Ramage
- Highly skilled communication, public relations, and marketing senior level professional with more than a decade of experience in public relations and nearly 20 years’ experience in media including investigative reporting, opinion columns, feature writing, and national news show punditry.
- Superb storyteller and crafter of finely honed messages that resonate with defined audiences.
- Digital marketing expertise including social media management in Adobe Express and email marketing via Mailchimp, along with content marketing made up of original videos, newsletters, and podcasts. Keen understanding of driving the narrative and mesmerizing the reader.
- Significant brand and crisis communication management.
University-Industry Engagement Advisor /Tech Transfer Tactics, October 2022 to Present
Contributing Writer. I conduct interviews and write articles about highly technical research and its introduction to consumers in a way that is interesting, compelling, clear, and easily understood, even by those who may not be very tech-savvy. I have written about Case Western Reserve University’s invention of a bonding agent that vastly improves the effectiveness of radiation treatment while reducing the need for multiple exposures, as well as about the University of Maine’s astounding accomplishments with forest products as insulation, among many other dazzling innovation topics.
City of Atlanta, 2011-2022
Appointed as the city’s first Citizen’s Advocate, an ombuds position in which I was entrusted with finding solutions to long-term, complex problems with city services and working with stakeholders to establish buy-in, this role grew over time to make the most of my public relations and media skills, changing my title to Senior Public Relations Manager for the Department of Watershed Management in early 2016.
I managed crisis communication for sensitive neighborhood-affecting projects and worked with other city departments as well as other governments, non-profits, and the private sector to ensure clear messaging and open listening channels.
With public information as a priority, I helped projects stay on-track, achieved consensus, and maintained accuracy, honesty, and integrity.
The Sunday Paper, 2004-2011
Founded the news department of a start-up newspaper, creating its voice through choice of coverage, holding it to exacting standards of accuracy and clarity, editing with an eye toward storytelling and fact-checking. Managed and mentored a team of six writers, a graphic artist, and two photographers.
During its six years of existence, due in no small part to my role and my dedication to promoting the paper, the Sunday Paper garnered the largest readership of any free weekly in the southeast.
Edited In the House of War, Islam Observed by Sam Cherribi, which was published by Oxford University Press.
- University of Georgia
Bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication
- University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, certificate in creative writing
- Emory University, certificate in digital marketing
Research, writing, creative direction; creative writing for scripts, ads, promotional material; content creation; social media marketing and management; social marketing; media relations; digital media; content calendar management; media planning; marketing planning; content marketing.
Microsoft Office, Facebook Boost, Anchor podcast, Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe Express, Adobe Illustrator, WordPress, Muck Rack.